Srfnff

Srfnff
January 9, 2012 Photo: J. Chandler

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Big NW Continues to Fade

On my last wave Sunday morning I tweaked by back flicking out at the end of the ride. It wasn't bad, but I got out. I was cold anyway. Monday I missed a better day of surf than today doing the chiropractor/sports massage rehab thing, but I did get a few small peelers this morning on the GhostBuster2.

Morning temp was about 41 degrees at 0600 so I elected to wait a bit before surfing. I paddled out into walled up 2-3 ft. surf at Scimi's, with only a couple guys out at first. That changed a lot in the following fifteen minutes. Waves were inconsistent and only a few rides came though in the first 25 minutes. Then it went kinda crazy for a while with multiple sets of multiple waves coming through, providing plenty of rides for everyone. That pattern persisted for the hour and a half I surfed.

Overall quality wasn't that great and I elected to ride a lesser populated and mostly closing out peak up at the West end. Still, I had a good time and a good workout, sprinting out the back after each wave just for fitness. The little mini-Sim was fun to ride as usual, and I got a lot of practice taking off and driving into the close out sections where I would try and do a reo or floater off the little right handers. I think I was successful about three times out of 20 waves, but the lips weren't really conducive to those two maneuvers. Instead of folding over into a slope, the walls just stood up vertical and crashed over top to bottom. More of a challenge made it fun but, I would like to have made a few more.

No pics today. I ended up talking to Greg in the lot and then realized I was late picking up my son.
November 10, 2009
In: 0830
Out: 1000
AT= 54-56F
WT= 56.5F
Wx: High streaky clouds, partly sunny
Tide: 3.4' Falling to 2.4'
Wind: Calm
Sea Surface: Glassy
5-11 Freeline Ghost Buster 2 Mini-Simmons
Bathymetry: Reefs
Deep Water Swell and Wave Face Heights CDIP Archive
Buoy: NWS (Farshore #1-Nearshore-Farshore #2)
Time-NDBC Data-CDIP Data (Primary Swell Dir.)(Local Wave Ht. Avg.)
0700: 10.2 feet @ 13.8 WNW - 4.9 feet @ 11.1 WNW (305) (2-3 ft. faces)
0800: 8.5 feet @ 14.8 WNW - 3.6 feet @ 13.3 WNW (300) (2-3 ft. faces)
0900: 9.8 feet @ 14.8 WNW - no data (no data) (2-3 ft. faces)
1000: 9.5 feet @ 12.9 NW - no data (no data) (2-3 ft. faces)
1100: 8.5 feet @ 13.8 WNW - no data (310) (2-3 ft. faces)
1200: 8.5 feet @ 13.8 WNW - 4.3 feet @ 12.5 WNW (310)

No comments:

Post a Comment