Srfnff

Srfnff
January 9, 2012 Photo: J. Chandler

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Not Really Surfing?


WHEN DID YOU FIRST BEGIN TOW-SURFING?
In December 2003, Nelson Armitage's son, Nelson Junior, took me out to an outer reef and it was 15- to 20-feet. The first time I ever stood up on a tow-board with straps I got that same feeling as snowboarding and windsurfing except you were able to do that on a wave without the sail. I knew that was what I wanted to do.

DID YOU GO STRAIGHT INTO TOW-SURFING OR DID YOU PADDLE FIRST?
I started towing first and then I started paddle surfing after. I never got good at paddle surfing in small waves. I can paddle into any size wave people paddle into but I never got into the high-performance surfing.

Click here for the full interview on Surfline.

No comments:

Post a Comment