Srfnff

Srfnff
January 9, 2012 Photo: J. Chandler

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cold Weather Skunking

January 17, 2012 - 26 degrees at my house this morning and it wasn't a whole lot warmer at the beach. I waited for some solar gain knowing it would be damn cold anyway. I checked the beaches, drove all the way down to Nomoco's and checked the spots in between. Nothin' shakin' really. Nothin' that could get me into the water this frigid January morning.

But gettin' out has it's upsides. The good weather is soon to be a notation in the history books as rain is finally on it's way. Might as well enjoy what's left of it. Driving through the ag fields yielded a surprise when I came upon the flower growers frozen flower and heather beds. Sprinklers and icy coats on overnight. Keepin' it alive in the south county.

Bob was out with a couple other surfers down south. I watched for a fairly long while. He picked up one wave and came in. That definitely wasn't enough motivation. A few upcoast barrels tried to lure me out and if it wasn't so cold I might have taken the bait. But not today.

Swell could pick up some tomorrow. Maybe I'll try again before the rain and wind starts.








No comments:

Post a Comment