Srfnff

Srfnff
January 9, 2012 Photo: J. Chandler

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Small Steep Angle South Swell

Tuesday June 5, 2012 - A decent south swell finally pushed into the Bay last night. By this morning the mid-period, waist-chest high waves were rolling in nicely albeit somewhat inconsistently. It was crowded and it seemed like everyone was on it. Andy and Ron probably got the best of it overall by surfing late yesterday when the swell was filling in, putting up some fun, clean walls in good and crowdless conditions.

I surfed the Simmy 3 (OSX3) and ranged all over my usual spots in the L41. As is the case with south swells, the waves tended to line up a bit and section out, but there were some real gems to be taken and I got a couple. Conditions were about as perfect as it can get. Clear blue skies dotted with plump back lighted cumulus clouds and a brisk offshore wind that blew the tops right off the waves, holding up that occassional wall morphing into a classic ride for more than a few surfers.

It was good to be back on the Simmy as I hadn't surfed it in a little over a month! I was surprised to see that in my surf diary but the waves have been so small I've either been SUP longboarding on my Angulo or paddling the Bark Competitor or doing downwinders on the Naish Glide 14, or the Angulo Shaka 14. I think I'm having too much fun. No surf? Paddle a flatwater run or do a downwinder. Simple.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment