Srfnff

Srfnff
January 9, 2012 Photo: J. Chandler

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Surf Returns to My Favorite Town Spots


Paddled out this morning at 7:07A. Sean beat me out...as usual. Conditions were perfect with a light offshore breeze blowing into the faces of three to five wave sets at two to four feet. Waves were pretty consistent. Sean paddled down to Casas and I rode Sarges alone for about 20 minutes before he paddled back and a slow IV drip of stand up paddle surfers washed in and out of the line-up for the next couple hours. Finally it was just down to me and Sam and Andy, riding low tide zippers in the thick weave of ever present kelp.

I eventually paddled over to Casas and rode there for over an hour by myself. Waves were much smaller, but there was a nice little set-up where I could take off behind the peak and ride through two steep sections before it closed out on a shallower part of the reef. Short rides, but lot's of fun and a good work out too.

Everyone said it was good yesterday (some said better). A little bigger perhaps. But I was still fighting off a cold. So I tucked in until today.

I ran into all kinds of people in the park and ended up chatting away for another hour after I got out. What a great day off.

I'm really feeling the absence of my water camera. I could have bagged a number of shots this morning in great light. I should have taken a sunrise shot with the Canon but I was in a hurry to get into the water. After, the light wasn't right so the pics would have been too bright and contrasty. It'll be at least two more weeks before the camera is back from the shop. (I put this kite surfer shot in that M took last Sunday. Sweet air!)

The Angulo 10 Custom Performance Noserider continues to please and amaze. John S. rode it today for the first time and totally dug it. A surfboard you can paddle, imagine that.

Mar 17, 2009 (Tu)
In: 0707
Out: 1110
AT= 46F to 59F
WT= 54F
Wx: High wispy H1 cirrus clouds
Tide: 2' Dropping to .7' and rising
Wind: Calm to offshore to light prevailing southwesterlies
Sea Surface: Glassy. Some very light wind skitter after 10A
10-0 Angulo EPS/Epoxy Custom SUP with Infinity Ottertail carbon fiber paddle
Fin set-up: RFC LB Pivot
Bathymetry: Reefs
Deep Water Swell and Wave Face Heights CDIP Archive
Buoy: NWS (Nearshore)
0630: 4.3 feet @ 10.5 WNW
0700: 4.6 feet @ 11.8 WNW (2 to 4 ft. faces)
0730: 5.2 feet @ 11.8 WNW
0800: 4.6 feet @ 11.8 WNW (2 to 4 ft. faces)
0830: 5.2 feet @ 12.5 WNW
0900: 4.9 feet @ 11.8 WNW (2 to 4 ft. faces)
0930: 4.6 feet @ 13.3 WNW
1000: 4.6 feet @ 12.5 WNW (2 to 4 ft. faces)
1030: 4.6 feet @ 12.5 WNW
1100: 4.9 feet @ 12.5 WNW (2 to 4 ft. faces)
1130: 4.3 feet @ 12.5 WNW

No comments:

Post a Comment