Srfnff

Srfnff
January 9, 2012 Photo: J. Chandler

Sunday, September 23, 2007

First Rain - Winter's Slip is Showing


As much as I hate to admit it, I can no longer live in denial. Winter's comin'. Not that I mind completely, it's just been such a great summer I don't want to let it go.

While we haven't had many (any really) epic swells, we've had a couple good ones. I've gotten my fair share of fun ones. I got to spend two weeks on Oahu's South Shore during the Duke Fest, surfing every day in 80 degree water. I got my first introduction to stand up paddleboards and now I'm into it big time. I'm healthier because SUPing seems to be so good for strengthening the core muscles and supporting my spine which the arthritis and the injuries have so relentlessly been chipping away at. I'm progressing in the practice of Qi Gong and looking forward to evolving into practicing T'ai Ch'i. Almost all my friends and family are doing well and healthy...they are more than surviving, they are living life. God has blessed me and my family abundantly.

So Mother Nature bring it on. We await your coming (and that first tasty winter northern hemi swell) in Glory! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment