Srfnff

Srfnff
January 9, 2012 Photo: J. Chandler

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

More Sick Mushburgers


Tuesday, July 14
Almost the complete lack of any kind of swell, along with the still winds conspired to dish up the sickest day of mushburgers yet. Me and the ShitStorm were up to the challenge. Today I pulled the two side fins (you need a big-ass screwdriver to do it) and used the SS as my alaia training board. I lasted about a half hour and at best could only succeed in making the board go straight. Of course I had visions of me pulling 360's like the big boys, but all I could do was a 90, monkey gripping the soft deck with my toes while sliding sideways in the mush before catching a rail and flipping over. But who cares, once again it was warm and sunny...even the water was more or less warm with lot's of folks trunkin' it. After a while I screwed the funny little middle fin back in and had another hour of fun in mushburger heaven.

Paul was sitting on the beach taking it all in and watching his super-grom longboarder son Will mauling the mushburgers on his yellow mush crusher. 'Course he had to give me the bidness for wearing my wetsuit, a black blob floating in a sea salted with whiteys. As soon as you change the spelling of NorCal to H-a-w-a-i-i I'll ditch my wettie.
July 14, 2009 (Tu)
In: 1345
Out: 1515
AT= 63.8 - 65.6F
WT= 57F (Farshore buoy)
Wx: Sunny with clear skies
Tide: 4'-4.8' Rising
Wind: Calm to very light onshore
Sea Surface: Glassy with light windswell chop
6-0 CBSAG Shop ShitStorm Ripper Thruster surfed as a single fin.
Bathymetry: Sandy beach break
Deep Water Swell and Wave Face Heights CDIP Archive
Buoy: NWS (Farshore*)
Time NDBC Data (approx.) CDIP Data
1300: 4.6 feet @ 8.3 NW (310 and 170) (1-2 ft. wave faces)
1400: 5.2 feet @ 9.1 NW (305 and 165) (1-2 ft. wave faces)
1500: 5.6 feet @ 9.1 NW (305 and 180) (1-2 ft. wave faces)
1600:5.9 feet @ 8.3 NW (310 and 170) (1-2 ft. wave faces)

No comments:

Post a Comment