Srfnff

Srfnff
January 9, 2012 Photo: J. Chandler

Monday, October 1, 2007

Blue Monday? No Way!


Since I was pretty sure that the northerly swell forecast for today had not yet arrived I put in at the pier for a beautiful morning paddle to GW's in peacefully pristine conditions. I wasn't expecting much in the way of waves but did spy a couple nice whitewater lines and clean shoulders from afar as I paddled over to Sarge's and GW's. Picked up a surprise little insider at Sarge's and then a whole load of smaller waves TNC (too numerous to count) at GW's.

Was joined by two SUPers after about 15 minutes, then a short boarder. Like the end of last week there were only a few sets, but plenty of single waves. I stood on the peak because there were enough waves to easily share with the shortboarder so he could get his fill. The other two SUP surfers stood down the line a ways and took off in front of me a couple times. What me worry though, I'm trying to work my SUP into and out of as many fast sections as I can find. Sometimes I don't come out! Truth be known I was a little too deep for 70% of the waves. I don't blame them for poaching the ones they thought I was too deep on. Buoy readings are trending up...should be bigger and more consistent tomorrow. No matter what though, it's going to be fun finding out what tomorrow brings!

BTW, the above SUPers are not the ones referred to in this post! Thanks to Wet Feet and Evan for that great pic.
October 1, 2007 (M)
In: 0640
1st Wave: 0652
Out: 0800
Wave count: TNC
WT=58
AT=58
Wx: Partly cloudy with large patches of open sky.
Tide: Falling 3.2' to 3.1 then Rising to 3.2'
Wind: Light offshore
Sea Surface: Glassy to lightly textured
Buoy: NWS
0600: 4.6 @ 10.8 WNW
0700: 4.9 @ 11.4 WNW
0800: 5.2 @ 10.8 WNW
0900: 6.6 @ 11.4 WNW
10'4" Angulo SUP
Reefs: Rock and sand
Waves: 3.3' @ 11 (approx. ave.) Storm Surf Buoy Model

No comments:

Post a Comment