Srfnff

Srfnff
January 9, 2012 Photo: J. Chandler

Monday, June 20, 2011

Natural Bridges To Capitola Pier 8.25 Miles

Saturday June 18, 2011

Da Boyz and I planned a paddle in what turned out to be great conditions, launching from Natural Bridges and finishing up at Hoopers Beach in Capitola. Winds were light and mostly at our backs for the entire distance. The sea surface was probably about as mellow as it gets with lightly rolling seas and nary a white cap in sight.

The idea has been to slightly increase the distance each week so we don't overdo it physically for any one paddle event. Today was a good confidence builder for all of us although I must say I was pretty tired on Sunday and needed all of it as a rest day. But today, Monday, I'm feeling good and will get in for a paddle tomorrow.

We ran into Kyle and his friends at the take-out and he's in for our next weekend paddle which will probably be in a couple weeks as the Jay Race is next Saturday, June 25. Sam is gonna do the 12-miler, but the rest of us are holding off, feeling not quite ready for that distance...yet. We'll be doing the 2-mile and the relay and looking forward to a fun day.
Natural Bridges to Capitola Pier at EveryTrail
EveryTrail - Find the best Hiking in California

3 comments:

  1. Nice post and a great soundtrack. Sam and I coaxed a fat Chinook into the boat Sunday and tonight I used the last of it to make a Poke every bit as good as AIG's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a some cool footage, I can't believe how much recording you did at each of your rest stops and you still got to the finish line first. I'd like to blame my equipment for being so far behind you guys but that would be a sham. I sure have a lot of training to do to catch up with you guys. Can't wait to the next session with the crew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I can't believe that you took on an 8-miler as your first distance paddle of the season. If that was my first paddle you would have had to tow me in!

    ReplyDelete