Srfnff

Srfnff
January 9, 2012 Photo: J. Chandler

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Yacht Harbor to Cowells RT

Tuesday June 21, 2011

Today, the first day of Summer 2011, was custom made and I'm so thankful that I was able to enjoy it. It was perfect in every way. Temperatures are 5-15 degrees above normal with not a cloud in the sky. The sea breeze was light, barely ruffling the sea while allowing expansive shards of mirror glass to cover the watery playing field.

I had to go into town to run an errand so I planned a round trip paddle, launching at the Yacht Harbor then traveling west to the Lane and inside Cowells. The ocean was as calm and gentle as I've ever seen it. A very special day.

Yacht Harbor To Cowells RT



4 comments:

  1. You retired guys have the life! I got home tonight (after sweltering most of the day working outdoors in SJ) to find the fog pouring in fast. I jumped in at NB in cold breezy conditions, with the wind and chop straight onshore. Paddled down to Cowells in lumpy seas with no push whatsoever from the swell or wind. Had to endure the reports of what a beautiful day it was, how warm and nice, etc. Now I get it one more time from you. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain bro. It sucks to be me...;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey srfnff, I think you are outnumbered, i'm with Andy on this one. How many years until I can retire and duplicate your daily routine. Wait... for my generation that would be never : (

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, dog pile, I can't breath I'm....going to have to go for a paddle now. Oh wait, I can't go now I've got to: 1) take a nap 2) play with my grand-daughter 3) check the surf 4) check the swell 4) check the weather 5) put some beer in the fridge 6) drink some beer 7) go paddle 8) go surf 9) take a nap. etc. etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete