Srfnff

Srfnff
January 9, 2012 Photo: J. Chandler

Thursday, March 20, 2008

SUPin' and Sh-longin'

Today turned out to be a nice morning with light offshores and the low clouds yielding to the sunshine. Yesterday I couldn't see fitting my SUP into any of the fast closing beach breaks waves, so I brought my 7'6" Freeline shlong (John's name for this hybrid cross between a sh-ortboard and a long-board). I launched again at Platty's and went for a half-hour paddle. After that I got the shlong and surfed another 45 minutes before having to get out to visit Mark, my chiropractor.

First time I've lay down surfed in a long time. Since last September 17 I think. Only a few guys out and we were spread out so far apart it was like surfing alone. It was fun and I've been wondering what I was going to do when the winter swells died off. Now I know. I'll stand up and lay down surf, the best of both worlds. Life is good!
March 20, 2008 (Th)
In: 0830
Out: 0945
AT= 43 - 52 degrees
WT= 51.4 degrees at the farshore buoy
Wx: Low clouds clearing early
Tide: 4.84 Rising to 4.93 Falling
Wind: North at 3 mph to SE at 3 mpg
Sea Surface: Light rolling sea and glassy
Buoy: NWS
0800: 4.3 feet @ 12.9 Seconds NW
0900: 3.9 feet @ 12.9 Seconds WNW
1000: No data
1100: No data
10'4" Angulo SUP with Infinity paddle
Fin set-up - Single 9.75" Greenough Stage 6 cutaway
7'6" Freeline Design (hybrid) Shlong
Fin set-up - 5" Rainbow center with 4.6" Future sides
Sand bars
Waves: 4 feet at 13 seconds (Nearshore buoy approx. ave.) Storm Surf Buoy Model

No comments:

Post a Comment