Srfnff

Srfnff
January 9, 2012 Photo: J. Chandler

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Feelin' Puny and the Waves Aren't Great Either

If I had to pick a time to be sick, now's the time. Surf is puny, and so am I.

None of the south swell is getting in, SoCal has all the good waves. Adam Wright's blog is good for getting the latest forecasting in SoCal, he writes well and is pretty funny. To get a peek at the wave action without going through Surfline, check these free cams at Huntington Beach, and Ocean Beach (OB) in San Diego. And if you can't get enough of all the places that are getting some when you're not, check the south shore of Oahu here. Click on the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. It'll give you a sweet view from Canoes to Pops and beyond. They've got a real decent (but small) south swell in the water now, running into the beach through that beautifully clear, pale, blue water. (Note: load times can be long on the Hawaii cam so...beware.) Back in my town, even the wind swell isn't giving us much, and the mornings are cold and foggy.

Not feeling like doing anything real active has given me plenty of time in front of the computer. But it hasn't been totally nonproductive. I changed my blog template, designed a new header graphic, upgraded my defragmentation program and watched some utube.

If this piece from the Derek Trucks Band and Derek's wife Susan Tedeschi doesn't get your head noddin', toes tappin' and fingers waggin' then you're sicker than I am, or dead. So enjoy. It sure made me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment