Srfnff

Srfnff
January 9, 2012 Photo: J. Chandler

Monday, July 14, 2008

The Social Hour

Paddled up to The Point and back, surfing all the way, and chatting it up with numerous folks along the way.

I wasn't looking for too much in the way of waves, the south is in the water, but as background swell. Patrick was in the line-up at GDubs and we rode a few small ones together. Met Steve from the Longboard Union and talked SUPs.

As I started toward The Point (again), I saw Michael and Priscilla sitting at No. 2's, Scimi's. We did some catching up and all of a sudden for about 20 minutes some nice two and three wave sets poured through. I caught one steep and fast peeler from the bowl to the cave at GDubs. Then it just went calm. So I started the paddle (again) for The Point.

As I was paddling through second peak point, Bonnie asked me about my ottertail paddle. That started a long conversation that ended with me lending her my board and paddle to fool around with while I floated around on her lay down Pearson Arrow. Caught a few waves, chatted, etc. Took a couple pics and headed back to the take out.

Waves were surprisingly good today. The southerly background swell was pushing in some rideable lines, conditions were mellow and the people were las mas finas.

Another great summer session on the SUP.

No comments:

Post a Comment