Srfnff

Srfnff
January 9, 2012 Photo: J. Chandler

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm Back


After 12 days out of the water I finally made it back in the saddle again this morning. Paduan Sam is coming from the City to paddle surf with us tomorrow.

Here's what I wrote him today after my session.

Sam, I paddled and surfed this morning for a couple
hours and it was tiny. I paddled out at 0630 with the tide at .5 and rising. Sarges had a few, small inconsistent waves that were poor quality. I wasn't expecting much in the way of surf anyway so I thought I'd take a paddle up to the point and see what I could find along the way. GDubs and the Scimis were choked with kelp and small, but First Bowl had a few inconsistent walls. Tres 8's had almost nothing. The surprise was the point. Only six people out at One's and Two's. I managed to get a bunch of fun rides at inside 2's with only me picking 'em off. After about 45 minutes a couple guys paddled out, it got really inconsistent and I headed back to Sarges to get out. With the rising tide, it was even worse at Sarges...no waves at all. I talked with some folks this morning and people know about the south filling in. I don't think the south will be much more than a little more energy and inconsistent, but I'm hoping that the NW is the real deal. With luck they'll cross up and give us some better than average rides. But, who knows? I don't think it could be worse than today! I'm out at dawn patrol just to hedge my bet. If I'm not out at Sarges I will have paddled up towards the point and be surfing somewhere in there. Aloha and see you tomorrow.
July 30, 2008 (W)
In: 0630
Out: 0830
AT= 49 - 55 degrees
WT= 54.5 degrees at the nearshore buoy
Wx: Overcast with heavy fog at times to clearing with foggy haze
Tide: 0.5 Rising to 2.88
Wind: Calm to E at 2 mph
Sea Surface: Glassy to light wind ripples
Buoy: NWS
0600: 3.6 feet @ 13.8 S
0700: 3.3 feet @ 9.1 WNW
0800: 3.6 feet @ 17.4 SSE
10'4" Angulo SUP with Infinity paddle
Fin set-up: Thruster with Bluecoil 5.5" center fin and FCS Occy sides
Bathymetry: Rock reefs
CDIP: (0700 hours) 4.3 feet at 11 seconds from 315 degrees and 2.1 feet at 12 seconds from 185 degrees

No comments:

Post a Comment