Srfnff

Srfnff
January 9, 2012 Photo: J. Chandler

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Rehab and More Waves




Therefore, joint manipulation is not something the doctor does to the patient; rather, it is something that the doctor and patient do together. - Dr. Mark Hastings

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, and the Word was called Mark, Dr. Mark Hastings...my chiropractor/physical therapist.

In one relatively short visit on Friday where I was twisted and manipulated, zapped with e-stim, heat and ultrasound and given a healthy dose of athlete oriented advice, my pulled hamstring situation has improved by a factor of at least 50%. Hallelujah, I am stoked! Mark says light stretching and strengthening exercises, heat and see me next week a couple times and I'm back in the water. Yeah! (Actually he told me I could get back on the SUP immediately. He thinks the injury was aberrational but I must...must do hammy strengthening exercises as a way of life!)

In the meantime, both the nearshore and farshore buoys that I look at are showing a jump back up in surf heights. Concurrently (re the site that I monitor) the most northerly NorCal nearshore buoys are all showing some signs of activity with all buoys registering wave heights in excess of 11 feet but that may be waning.

Finally the NOAA sat-pic is showing a nearshore windswell that is probably responsible for this tic back up in surf heights. It is interesting to compare the red low level wind vanes on this current satellite image with the low level wind vanes from the big west swell we recently experienced. You can easily see the wind fetch and velocity that birthed the swell as well as observing the nascent "bending" of the wind direction from north-south to east-west.

Ah technology...as Brudda Iz would say..."can't live wid 'em, can't live widout 'em."

No comments:

Post a Comment