Srfnff

Srfnff
January 9, 2012 Photo: J. Chandler

Monday, December 17, 2007

Skunked in the AM, Scored in the PM






The rain drops banging in my gutter gave testimony to the light rain that fell from 11PM on last night, and into the morning. I thought the light easterlies that were blowing wouldn't affect the spots. Wrong. The sea surface this morning was rough like 60 grit sandpaper. Conditions were generally messed up. But there were waves, just not worth a paddle out. So, disappointed I abandoned my mission and headed back home, thinking conditions would continue to deteriorate. Wrong again.

About three o'clock I check the webcams and the sea surface in all locations looked relatively smooth, managable even. So I thought I'd take a chance and headed out. When I rounded the long curve at NB's I got a good look. Pretty smooth. Very nice. Life is Good!

Surfed for an hour and fifteen in consistently fun shoulder to head high plus waves. Only two to four guys out. Semi merry-go-round. Lots of aloha in the water. Calling out sets, sharing and giving away waves. It doesn't get any better. Made two new friends, Don and Mike. Good guys both.

Installed the blue RFC 7". It felt a little slow to begin with, but I made some fast waves with it. Also the Ohole was pretty maneuverable. It just seemed a little unstable in the hard turns. Fin hummed a bit too. (A little sand paper on the trailing edge should take care of that though.)
December 17, 2007 (M)
In: 1549
1st Wave: 1553
Out: 1705
Wave count: n/a
AT= 53 - 54 degrees
WT= 55 degrees at the farshore buoy
Wx: Cloudy with storm clouds forming in the distance
Tide: 3.45 Rising to 3.46, Falling to 3.3
Wind: ESE 1-3mph to Calm
Sea Surface: Smooth with very light bump
Buoy: NWS
1500: 9.2 @ 12.1 WNW
1600: 11.5 @ 12.9 WNW
1700: 11.8 @ 12.9 WNW
1800: 12.1 @ 12.9 WNW
10'4" Angulo SUP
Rock reefs
Waves: 8' @ 12 seconds (Nearshore buoy approx. ave.) Storm Surf Buoy Model

No comments:

Post a Comment