Srfnff

Srfnff
January 9, 2012 Photo: J. Chandler

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Small Waves on New Years Day





I knew there wasn't going to be much in the way of surf this morning, but since I'm seeing even smaller surf for tomorrow, and before the forthcoming series of storms blows in, I pulled into my parking space at Sarges looking forward to a good paddle at the least. And to my gleeful surprise there was Mash, back from SoCal with the Tim Stamps built Mahi Verde (Green Machine), "on loan" from his brother John. Stoke! I knew it was going to be a fun session.

We paddled out into the crystal clean early light jabbering away like elementary school kids on a field trip. I got the SoCal, beachbreak, mostly lefts, I.B. scoop. Even though the waves were small and inconsistent at Gdubs, Mash got enough to get the feel of the Mahi Verde at our favorite right point break. He even let me take a couple waves with it. I get the feeling that Mash and this new board have a long happy future ahead of them.

The forecasters are inconsistent about tomorrow's surf, but everyone is on the same page about the series of storms moving in. Southerly winds may start up as early as tonight, but for certain we'll see them gain prominence sometime on Wednesday. The storm winds start in earnest on Thursday and Friday is supposed to be a very windy and wet affair.
January 1, 2008 (Tu) Happy New Year!
In: 0750
1st Wave: n/a
Out: 0950
Wave count: n/a
AT= 42 - 52 degrees
WT= 52 degrees at the farshore buoy
Wx: Sunny and clear
Tide: 3.7 Falling to 2.1
Wind: NNE at 3 mph to East @ 1 mph
Sea Surface: Mildly bumpy with offshore pressure gradient induced easterly wind waves
Buoy: NWS
0600: 6.6 @ 12.9 NW
0700: 7.2 @ 13.8 NW
0800: 6.2 @ 13.8 NW
0900: 5.9 @ 13.8 NW
1000: 5.6 @ 13.8 NW
10'4" Angulo SUP with Infinity paddle
Rock reefs
Waves: 3' @ 12 seconds (Nearshore buoy approx. ave.) Storm Surf Buoy Model

No comments:

Post a Comment